On behalf of the entire Jewish community, we would like to wish all of you and your families a Happy, Healthy and Sweet New Year! Here is an interesting article about 9 things most people do not know about Rosh Hashanah.
Earlier this week, I sent out a schedule for High Holiday services. Sadly, things in Barbados and abroad are changing at the speed of light. This morning I learned that the Blumenfeld family had to cancel their flights here due to circumstances beyond their control. Although we will miss them dearly, their health and safety are our greatest priority. We will therefore be holding ZOOM services with limited in-person participation at Nidhe Israel Synagogue instead of at Rockley. You will find the schedule below.
This week’s Friday night services will be on ZOOM at 6:30pm.
Please click this link for a copy of our siddur.
HIGH HOLIDAY SERVICES:
|Services will now be held at Nidhe Israel Synagogue jn downtown Bridgetown. They will be led virtually by Dr. Hal Blumenfeld as we did last year, except this year — as per government regulation — services will last for no more than 90 minutes.
Protocols for attending services include:
· Everyone must be double vaccinated to attend services
· Reserved seating only. You must contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space. Seating is limited to a total of 25 persons (also as mandated by government).
– Sit only in the assigned seat with your name
– Everyone must always wear a mask while on premises
– Everyone must sanitize before entering the building
– Anyone wishing to have a drink must do so outside
The hours for Rosh Hashanah 5782 services are:
Yom Kippur 5782
All of the High Holiday services will be on ZOOM. Please use this link.
We have purchased 30 links to the Lev Shalem mahzor. If you require a link please email email@example.com.
The Barbados Jewish Community